PART Ⅱ DICTATION?
Characteristics of A Good Reader?
To improve your reading habits, you must understand the characteristics of a good reader. First, the good reader usually reads rapidly. Of course, he does not read every piece of material at the same rate. But whether he is reading a newspaper or a chapter in a physics text, his reading rate is relatively fast. Hehas learned to read for ideas rather than words one at a time. Next, the good reader can recognize and understand general ideas and specific details. Thus he is able to comprehend the material with a minimum of effort and a maximum of interest. Finally, the good reader has in his command several special skills, which he can apply to reading problems as they occur. For the college student, the most helpful of these skills include making use of the various aids to understanding that most text books provide and skim-reading for a general survey.?
PART Ⅲ LISTENING COMPREHENSION SECTION A STATEMENT?
1. I have to teach the same course books several times in the summer holiday camp, which is sometimes boring and not well-paid, but by and large I’m quite delighted at being with young people.?
2. The poor living conditions in such a large city have resulted from the unplanned real estate development, which is rarely seen in small cities.?
3. At a recent seminar, many participants were worried about the fact that overpopulation may give rise to many social security problems.?
4. May I have your attention, please? Flight 998 is leaving at 11:30 a.m. Please check in half an hour prior to the departure.?
5. Having gone through your claims for fire damage, I don’t think the policy you have provided protection against loss by fire.?
6. Ian lost one eye in a childhood accident, but he nonetheless had a very successful athletic career.? (来源：英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
7. Mr. and Mrs. Clark used to smoke. But now Mrs. Clark has stopped and she is afraid her husband will fall ill if he doesn’t get rid of his bad habit of smoking both at home and at work.?
8. I heard from Mary that last semester, Susan found it difficult to stay on good terms with her roommate Jenny.?
9. Jack says that he is up to his eyes at work at present and really cannot afford the time to have dinner with us.
SECTION B CONVERSATION?
10. W: I want to find a part-time job during the summer vacation and earn some money. How about you??
M: I’m going to take a few summer courses so that I can graduate early next year.?
11. W: Excuse me, I want some dictionaries. Where can I find them??
M: The regular-priced ones are here and on that table in the corner of the room we have some on discount.?
W: Thank you.?
12. W: I wonder where I can take my girlfriend for dinner after work tonight.?
M: Have you been to the Chinese Restaurant near the school??
13. M: Hello, the pipe in my bedroom is leaking. Can you come and get it repaired right away??
W: Well, it depends on how soon I can finish the drains at the office building.?
14. W: Do you think you can play the music tape another time, dear? I’ve got a slight headache.?
M: Of course. Sorry. I didn’t realize you could hear it. You want me to call the doctor??
W: No, thanks. I’ll be OK in a minute.?
15. M: Lisa, how are you getting along with our term paper??
W: I’ve been writing and rewriting it. I simply don’t know if I will ever get it finished.?
16. W: I must go to the library, the one near the laboratory, because I have to finish my research project by tomorrow. But if I could, I prefer to go with you to the theatre.?
M: I wish you could come along.?
17. M: Why did Jack suddenly decide to quit his job??
W: He said he wouldn’t break his back working for such low pay.?
M: I see.?
18. M: Are you sure you can remember the name of the film you saw last week??
W: It’s just on the tip of my tongue.
SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST?
News Item One (19-20)?
Commonwealth leaders agreed to lift Nigeria’s 3-5 years’ suspension on May 29, the day the military government hands over power to the elected president, the organization secretary general announced yesterday.?
Nigeria was suspended from the 54 nation group of mainly former British colonies in 1995 after it executed 9 minority rights activists including writer Ken Thawrawiwa. But now that the country has embarked on the return to democracy, Commonwealth heads of government have agreed to end this estrangement. Secretary general chief Ormiga Anyaco said in a statement: “I’m delighted an unfortunate episode in Nigeria Commonwealth relations will now come to an end and Nigeria is resuming its rightful place in the Commonwealth.”
News Item Two (21-22)?
The Space Shuttle Discovery made a real night landing at the Kennedy Space Center early on Thursday. The night landing, the 11th in the centre’s 94 shuttle missions, ended a 10-day mission to outfit the orbiting international space station. Although the space craft created a solid boom that can be heard along much of Florida’s eastern seaboard, witnesses on the ground could not see the orbiter until it was directly over the one-way lights. Scattered showers off the Florida coast had threatened to postpone the shuttle’s return. But broadcasters gave a green light when they decided no rain will fall within 48 kilometres of the space centre.?
News Item Three (23-24)?
Five people died, two were missing and at least 18 were injured on Wednesday when an Italian petrol vessel collided with a dinghy filled with refugees crossing the Adriatic sea from Albania, authorities said. The victims were believed to be Albanians from either Albania or Kosovo, said authorities from Italy’s Tax Police Division, which, along with the coast guard, patrols the nation’s coast. The cause of the collision was not immediately known. Three Albanians,believed be smuggling the refugees were arrested a few hours after the accident.
News Item Four (25)?
Malaysian authorities are discussing possible salvage efforts with Sun Cruisers, the Singapore owner of a large liner, that sunk off Malaysia last week, a news report said yesterday. Sun cruisers had received some advice from Malaysia on the matter. The Business Times newspaper quoted the company’s spokeswoman Judy Shoo Asian. Judy and other Sun Cruiser’s officials could not immediately be reached for further comment as they were away in Indonesia. The Sun Vista went down in international waters. The nearby Malaysia may have the right to order the wreck’s removal, the newspaper said. Salvage experts said the wreck of the Sun Vista, which sank in 65 metres of water, poses no threat to ships passing over it. But Malaysia may still want it removed.??
Nigeria was suspended from the 54 nation group of mainly former British colonies in 1995 after it executed 9 minority rights activists including writer Ken Thawrawiwa. But now that the country has embarked on the return to democracy, Commonwealth heads of government have agreed to end this estrangement. Secretary general chief Ormiga Anyaco said in a statement: “I’m delighted an unfortunate episode in Nigeria Commonwealth relations will now come to an end and Nigeria is resuming its rightful place in the Commonwealth.”?
SECTION A STATEMENT?
【详细解答】解答本题的关键是听清“I’m quite delighted in being with young people”，也就是说他喜欢教书是因为喜欢和年轻人在一起，故选项C为正确答案。?
【详细解答】只要听清“…the poor living conditions…resulted from…unplanned realestate development…”，就可知道很差的住居条件是由于没有好的规划，故选项B为正确答案。?
【详细解答】。解答本题的关键是听清“…overpopulation may give rise to many social security problems．”就可得知人口过多会带来社会安全问题，故选项D 为正确答案。
【详细解答】解答本题的关键是听清两个时间，“Flight 998 is leaving at ll:30…”和“…check in half an hour prior to departure”，由此可以计算出办理登机手续的时间为11:00。?
【详细解答】解答本题的关键词有“policy”（保险单），“fire damage”（火灾损失），“loss”（损失）等，由此可以推测说话人的职业为insurance agent(保险经纪人)。?
【详细解答】解答本题的关键是听清关键句“…but he nonetheless had a very successful athletic career”，由此可知，Lan成为一名成功的运动员，故选项A 为正确答案。
【详细解答】只要听清“she’s afraid her husband will fall ill…”，就可得知她担心的是丈夫的健康。?
【详细解答】解答本题的关键是听清“…Susan found it difficult to stay on good terms with her roommate Jenny”，这里的“stay on good terms with”意为“与(某人)相处得好”由此可知，Susan与她关系紧张，故选项D 为正确答案。?
【详细解答】解答本题的关键是听清并理解短语“up to one’s eyes”的意思，该短语意为“深深陷在……，埋头于………”。由此可知， Jack正在埋头工作，故选项B 为正确答案。
共5页: 上一页 1     下一页