| 神秘内容 Loading...   (来源:英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)  Dashan: Kathy, let us clear the table for you.大山:让我们来替你收拾桌子吧。
 Kathy: Oh, thanks.凯西:啊,谢谢你们。
 Christopher: Mom, I'm going to watch TV in the family room, okay?克里斯托弗:妈妈,我到客厅去看电视,行吗?
 Kathy: Christopher, aren't you going to work on your project for school?凯西:克里斯托弗,你不去完成你的学校项目吗?
 Christopher: Do I have to? I'm going to finish it tomorrow night.克里斯托弗:我必须去做吗? 我想明天晚上把它做完。
 Kathy: You won't have time tomorrow night. You have a hockey practice. Remember?凯西:明天晚上你就没空了,你们要练冰球,还记得吗?
 Christopher: Yeah, you're right.克里斯托弗:对,您说得对。
 Rumei: Kathy, where do you want me to put these dishes?如梅:凯西,你看我把盘子放在什么地方?
 Kathy: Stack them on the counter, please.凯西:堆在平台上就行。
 Rumei: What a beautiful kitchen. It's so modern.如梅:厨房真漂亮啊。真现代化啊。
 Kathy: Oh, thanks. We remodelled it last year.凯西:是吗?谢谢。我们去年改建的。
 Rumei: Oh, really.如梅:是嘛?
 Kathy: Our old kitchen wasn't big enough for the three of us and two cats and two dogs. So, we decided to add an eating area.
 凯西:原来的厨房不够大,容不下我们三个人,两只猫还有两条狗。所以,我们就
 决定扩建出了吃饭的地方。
 Yunbo: Kathy, where do you want me to put the leftover lasagna?云波:凯西,你看我把剩下的面条搁在什么地方好?
 Kathy: You can put it in a plastic container. Then put it in the fridge, please. Glen, canyou get Yunbo a plastic container?
 凯西:你可以把它放进一个塑料盒里,然后请把它放进冰箱。格伦,你给云波拿一
 个塑料盒来,好吗?
 Glen: No problem.格伦:没问题。
 Kathy: And the other waste food can go into the container for the composter. I use thecompost from the composter to fertilize the flowers in my garden.
 凯西:其他吃剩的东西搁到一个袋子里准备放进堆肥器。我用堆肥器里堆出的肥料
 给花园的花儿施肥。
 Rumei: Here, let me wash the dishes.如梅:来,让我来帮你洗盘子吧。
 Kathy: Thanks, Rumei, but I'm going to wash them in the dishwasher. Here, let me do it for you.凯西:谢谢你,如梅,不过我要把盘子放进洗碟机里。来,让我来帮你。
 Rumei: Kathy, what do you use these boxes for?如梅:凯西,这些盒子是做什么用的?
 Kathy: Oh, these boxes are for recycling. Our family is trying to help the environment.凯西:盒子是用来回收废物的。我们全家人都在为保护环境出力。
 Rumei: What do you mean?如梅:我没有听懂你的意思。
 Kathy: Well, we want to save our natural resources for the next generation. You know... Clean air, clean water and rich forest and wildlife.
 凯西:是这样。我们希望为下一代保护自然资源。你知道,我指的是洁净的空气,
 干净的水,丰富的森林资源以及野生动植物。
 Dashan: Canadians are trying to use their natural resources carefully, so there will beplenty left for the future generations.
 大山:加拿大人现在对自然资源的开发和利用非常谨慎,这都是为了保证将来我们
 的子孙后代也会有足够的资源。
 Kathy: Dashan, please speak English. I can't understand you.凯西:大山,请你讲英语,我听不懂你在说什么。
 Dashan: Sorry, Kathy. I wanted to tell Rumei about your family's concern for theenvironment. All Canadians want to have enough resources for the future.
 大山:抱歉,凯西。我刚才是想跟如梅讲讲你们家人对保护环境的关注。所有
 加拿大人都想为未来保留足够的自然资源。
 Yunbo: What do Canadians do in their home to help the environment?云波:在保护环境方面,加拿大人在自己家里都做了哪些事呢?
 Kathy: Well, we reduce our garbage by recycling paper, glass and metal and bycomposting our kitchen scraps.
 凯西:这个,我们通过回收纸张、玻璃、金属以及将残羹剩饭堆成肥等措施来减少垃圾。
 Glen: We also conserve energy by keeping our homes neither too hot in the winter nortoo cold in the summer.
 格伦:冬天我们使室内温度保持不要过热,夏天我们使室内温度不要过凉,我们靠这种
 办法节省能源。
 Kathy: And, we're careful about our water. We try not to waste it.凯西:还有,我们注意节约用水。尽量不浪费水。
 Yunbo: Oh, I understand.云波:哦,我明白了。
 Rumei: Well, we learned a lot about Canadian life by spending time with you tonight. Thank you again for inviting us.
 如梅:今天晚上跟你们在一起,使我们了解了不少加拿大人的生活。再一次感谢你们的
 盛情邀请。
 |