同odd, queer, strange (来源：专业英语学习网站 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
Mr. Wang is an eccentric old man who likes to collect tea pots.
同1.talent, faculty, attribute 2.donation, bestowal
Alice's beautiful painting shows her artistic endowment.
同domain, demesne, manor, property
The Jones' estate was very large, and it included rolling green hills and a large fish pond.
同1. textile, material 2. framework, structure
Many people believe that corruption is destroying the fabric of our society.
Exercise: Fill in the blanks.
1. After many years of smoking cigarettes, she has become ___ to them.
2. Doctors were _____ by the new virus and struggled to find a cure.
3. Roger likes _____ music, but his father enjoys classical music.
4. Superman knew that _____ his true identity to the woman was risky.
5. My mother's sister is an _____ woman, but she is very friendly.
解答：1. Addicted 2. Baffled 3. Contemporary 4. Disclosing 5. eccentric
There was great fear that people would die of hunger if the famine continued.
fusion n.结合 同 merger, coalescence, union
The musician's fusion of modern music and traditional Chinese music was very popular.
同 gaunt, careworn, fatigued, wan, emaciated
The soldiers looked haggard after their ten-hour march.