Advertising has already become a specialized activity in modern times. In today’s business world, supply is usually greater than demand. There is great competition between manufacturers of the same kind of product because they want to persuade customers to buy their particular brand. They always have to remind their customers of the name and qualities of their products by advertising. The manufacture advertises in newspapers and on the radio. He sometimes employs sales girls to distribute samples of their products. He sometimes advertises on the Internet as well. In addition, he always has advertisements put into television programs that will accept them. Manufactures often spend huge sums of money on advertisements. We buy a particular product because we think that is the best. We usually think so because the advertisements say so. People often don’t ask themselves if the advertisements are telling the truth when they buy advertised products from shops.
01-05 BDACA 06-10 DBCAC
11-15 AABAC 16-20 BCBDA
21-25 BDCAC 26-30 ABACB (来源：英语学习门户网站EnglishCN.com)
31-35 CADBA 36-40 CBDAC
41-45 BBDAA 46-50 CBADC
51. There are as good fish in the sea __C__ ever came out of it.
A.than B.like C.as D. so
52. All the President’s Men __B__one of the important books for historians who study the Watergate Scandal.
A.remain B. remains C.remained D. is remaining
53. “You __A__ borrow my notes provided you take care of them.” I told my friend.
A.could B.should C.must D. can
54. If only the patient __A__ a different treatment instead of using the antibofies he might still be alive now.
A.had received B.received C.should receive D. were receiving
55.Linda was __B__ the experiment a month ago but she changed her mind at the last minute.
A.to start B. to have started C.to be starting D. to have been starting
56. She __D__ fifty or so when I first met her at the conference.
A. must be B.had been C.could be D. must have been
57. It is not __C__ much the language as the background that makes the book difficult to understand.
A. that B.as C.so D. very
58.The committee has anticipated the problems that __D__ in the road construction project.
A. arise B.will arise C.arose D. have arisen
59. The student said there were a few points in the essay he __A__ impossible to comprehend.
A. had found B.finds C.has found D. would find
60. He would have finished his college education, but he __C__ to quit and find a job to support his family.
A. had had B. has C.had D. would have
61. The research requires more money than __B__ has been put in.
A. have been put in B.has been put in C.being put in D. to be put in
62. Overpopulation poses a terrible threat to the human race. Yet it is probably __B__ a threat to the human race than environmental destruction.
A.no more B. not more C. even more D. much more
63. It is not uncommon for there __D__ problems of communication between the old and the young.
A.being B.would be C.be D. to be
64. __B__ at in his way, the situation doesn’t seem so desperate.
A. Looking B.Looked C.Being looked D. To look
65. It is absolutely essential that William __C__ his study in spite of learning difficulties.
A.will continue B.continued C.continue D. continues
66. The painting he bought at the street market the other day was a __D__ forgery.
A.man-made B.natural C.crude D. real
67. She’s always been kind to me- I can’t just turn __A__ on her now that she needs my help.
A. my back B.my head C.my eye D. my shoulder
68. The bar in the club is for the __B__ use of its members.
A.extensive B.exclusive C.inclusive D. comprehensive
69. The tuition fees are __D__ to students coming from low-income families.
A.approachable B.payable C.reachable D. affordable
70.The medical experts warned the authorities of the danger of disease in the __B__ of the earthquake.
A.consequence B.aftermath C.result D. affect
71. This sort of rude behavior in public hardly __B__ a person in your position.
A.becomes B.fits C.sopports D. improves
72. I must leave now. __B__ if you want that book I’ll bring it next time.
A.Accendentally B.Incidentally C.Eventually D. Naturally
73. After a long delay, she __D__ replying to my e-mail.
A.got away with B. got back at C.got by D. got round to
74. Personal computers are no longer sth beyond the ordinary people. They are __C__ available these days.
A.gwowingly B.instantly C.readily D. quickly
75. In my first year at the university I learnt the __A__ of journalism.
A. basics B. basic C.elementary D. elements
76. According to the new tax law, my money earned over that level is taxed at the __D__ of 39%.
A. ratio B. percentage C. proportion D. rate
77. Thousands of __C__ at the stadium came to their feet to pay tribute to an outstanding performance.
A.audience B. participants C.spectators D. observers
78. We stood still, gazing out over the limitless __C__ of the desert.
A. space B.expanse C.stretch D. land
79. Doctors often __C__ uneasiness in the people they deal with.
A.smelt B.hear C.sense D. touch
80. Mary sat at the table, looked at the glare and __A__ her lips.
A. smacked B. opened C.parted D. separated
51-55 CBAAB 56-60 DCDAC
61-65 BBDBC 66-70 DABDA
71-75 BBDCA 76-80 DCCCA
81-85 DADCA 86-90 DBDBA
91-95 BCDCB 96-100 ABDCC
Nowadays the Internet has become part of people's life, and millions of young people have made friends online.
Write on ANSWER SHEET TWO a composition of about 200 words on the following topic:
Is It Wise to Make Friends Online?
You are to write in three parts.
In the first part, state specifically what your opinion is.
In the second part, provide one or two reasons to support your opinion.
In the last part, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion or make a summary.
Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.
SECTION B NOTE-WRITING
Write on ANSWER SHEET TWO a note of about 50-60 words based on the following situation:
Your classmate, Jimmy, is head of the university's swimming club. He has invited you to join the club, but you like some other sport. Write him a note, declining his invitation and explaining why.
Marks will be awarder for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness.