| 来源： 作者： 发布时间：2007-08-11
TIME LIMIT: 140 MIN.???
Part ⅠWRITING［45 MIN.］?
SECTION A COMPOSITION［35 MIN.］
People in modern society live under a lot of pressure, from education, career, or family. So it is important for them to keep a good mood under whatever circumstances.Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a composition of about 150 words on the following topic:??
THE IMPORTANCE OF KEEPING A GOOD MOOD
You are to write in three parts.?
In the first part, state specifically what your view is.?
In the second part, support your view with one or two reasons.?
In the last part, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion or a summary.Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.?
SECTION B NOTE-WRITING ［10 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a note of about 50-60 words based on the following situation:
Your friend Clare has invited you to her house-warming party this weekend. However, you will be away then. Write her a note politely declining her invitation and expressing your best wishes to her.?
Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy.??
Part Ⅱ DICTATION［15 MIN.］
?Listen to the following passage. Altogether the passage will be read to you four times: During the first reading, which will be read at normal speed, listen and try to understand the meaning. For the second and third readings, the passage will be read sentence by sentence, or phrase by phrase, with intervals of 15 seconds. The last reading will be read at normal speed again and during this time you should check your work. You will then be given 2 minutes to check through your work once more.?
Please write the whole passage on ANSWER SHEET TWO.??? (来源：英语论坛 http://bbs.englishcn.com)
Part Ⅲ LISTENING COMPREHENSIO［20 MIN.］
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your answer sheet.???
SECTION A STATEMENT
In this section you will hear seven statements. At the end of each statement you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question.??
1. Which is NOT true about the listener??
A.He works hard.
B.He drinks a lot.?
C.He smokes a lot.
D.He is healthy.
2. How did the speaker feel when he heard the news??
A.He was satisfied.
B.He was annoyed.?
C.He was astonished.
D.He was relieved.
3. When does the next coach leave??
4. The speaker thinks that Jane might have ____.?
A.a better marriage
B.a better career?
C.a better education
D.a better family life
5. What does the statement mean??
A.I am too happy to be helpful in any way.
B.I am willing but unable to help you.?
C.I shall be very glad to offer my help.
D.I promise to think about how to help you.?
6. What does the statement imply??
A.The man was wearing clean clothes.
B.The man was wearing improper clothes.?
C.The man was wearing fanciful clothes.
D.The man was wearing dirty clothes.?
7. What does the speaker mean??
A.I believe I can find you in other places as well.
B.I had no idea that I could find you here.?
C.I believe that I can only find you in this place.
D.This is not the place for me to meet you.??
SECTION B CONVERSATION
In this section, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question.??
8. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers??
A.Salesman and customer.
B.Doctor and nurse.?
C.Doctor and patient.
D.Patient and patient.?
9. What does the man think of his writing??
A.Writing will not be easy.
B.Writing will be less difficult.?
C.Writing has been boring.
D.Writing has been enjoyable.?
10. What can we learn from the conversation??
A.Cold is a kind of serious illness.
B.Cold will go away quickly.?
C.You should go to see a doctor.
D.You needn’t do anything about it.?
11. What did the man assume previously??
A.She would go to the bookstore.
B.She would not go to the bookstore.?
C.She would go to the bookstore later.
D.She would go to another bookstore.?
12. What do we know about the flight??
A.There will be a short delay.
B.There will be a long delay.?
C.The flight has been canceled.
D.The condition is still uncertain.?
13. What does the man say about Linda??
A.She is forgetful.
B.She is considerate.?
C.She is forgiving.
D.She is careless.?
4. What does the woman mean??
A.She doesn’t believe he can do it.
B.She agrees with the man.?
C.She expects to see him soon.
D.She will go to the library.?
15. What does the man think of the woman’s choice of clothing??
A.He thinks her choice is good.
B.He thinks her choice is terrible.?
C.He doesn’t like the colour.
D.He doesn’t like the style.?
16. Sam refused to take the job because ____.?
A.the working hours were unsuitable
B.the job was not well paid?
C.he had to do a lot of travelling
D.the job was quite difficult?
17. The man sounds ____.?
SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
Questions 18 and 19 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions.?
Now listen to the news.??
18. The UN resolution is about international efforts in tightening control on ____.
C.weapons for terrorists
D.funding for terrorism?
19. What does the UN resolution specifically require states to do??
A.To establish a financial network.
B.To revise their banking laws.?
C.To increase their police force.
D.To curb regional terror activities.
Questions 20 and 21 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions.?
Now listen to the news.??
20. Altogether how many people were injured during the violence??
21.How long has the violence lasted??
A.For one day.
B.For two days.?
C.For the whole summer.
D.For one year.?
Question 22 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question.?
Now listen to the news.??
22. After the terrorist attacks in the United States, insurance rates soared as much as ____.?
Questions 23 and 24 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you ill be given 20 seconds to answer the questions.?
Now listen to the news.??
23. Eight foreign aid workers were arrested in Afghanistan because of their ____ activities.?
24. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as one of the penalties??
C.A jail term.
D.Death sentence. ?
Question 25 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question.?
Now listen to the news.??
25. According to the report, how many people are HIV-positive??
D.58 million. ?
Part Ⅳ CLOZE ［15 MIN.］
Decide which of the choices given below would best complete the passage if inserted in the corresponding blanks. Mark the best choice for each blank on your answer sheet.
During McDonald’s early years French fries were made from scratch every day. Russet Burbank potatoes were (26)____, cut into shoestrings, and fried in its kitchens. (27)____ the chain expanded nationwide, in the mid-1960s, it sought to cut labour costs, reduce the number of suppliers, and (28)____ that its fries tasted the same at every restaurant. McDonald’s began (29)____ to frozen French fries in 1966—and few customers noticed the difference. ?(30)____,? the change had a profound effect on the nation’s agriculture and diet. A familiar food had been transformed into a highly processed industrial (31)____. McDonald’s fries now come from huge manufacturing plants (32)____ can process two million pounds of potatoes a day. The expansion (33)____ McDonald’s and the popularity of its low-cost, mass-produced fries changed the way Americans eat.?
The taste of McDonald’s French fries played a crucial role in the chain’s success—fries are much more profitable than hamburgers—and was (34)____ praised by customers, competitors, and even food critics. Their (35)____ taste does not stem from the kind of potatoes that McDonald’s (36)____, the technology that processes them, or the restaurant equipment that fries them: other chains use Russet Burbank, buy their French fries from the (37)____ large processing companies, and have similar (38)____ in their restaurant kitchens. The taste of a French fry is (39)____ determined by the cooking oil. For decades McDonald’s cooked its French fries in a mixture of about 7 per cent cottonseed oil and 93 per cent beef fat. The mixture gave the fries their unique (40)____.??
26. A.scaled B.stripped C.peeled D.sliced ?
27. A.As B.Due to C.Owing to D.With ???
28. A.ensue B.ensure C.enrich D.enable ??
29. A.switching B.diverting?C.modifying D.altering ?
30. A.Still B.Anyway?C.Besides D.Nevertheless ??
31. A.brand B.stuff C.commodity D.produce ?
32. A.this B.that C./ D.what ??
33. A.into B.from C.in D.of ??????
34. A.long B.only C.first D.lonely ?
35. A.distinctive B.distinct?C.distinguished D.distinguishable ?
36. A.possesses B.buys C.acquires D.grows ???
37. A.exact B.identical C.same D.alike ?
38. A.woks B.pots C.boilers D.fryers ??
39. A.adequateely B.massively C.plentifully D.largely ????
40. A.flavour B.fragrance C.smell D.perfume
Part ⅤGRAMMAR & VOCABULARY ［15 MIN.］
? There are twenty-five sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Choose one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.?
Mark your answers on your answer sheet.??
41. Agriculture is the country’s chief source of wealth, wheat ____ by far the biggest cereal crop.?
A.is B.been C.be D.being ?
42. Jack ____from home for two days now, and I am beginning to worry about his safety.?A.has been missing B.has been missed?C.had been missing D.was missed ?
43. Above the trees are the hills, ____ magnificence the river faithfully reflects on the surface.?
A.where B.of whose C.whose D.which ?
44. Who____ was coming to see me in my office this afternoon??
A.you said B.did you say C.did you say that D.you did say ?
45. —Does Alan like hamburgers??
—Yes. So much ____ that he eats them almost every day.?
A.for B.as C.to D.so ?
46. Your ideas, ____, seem unusual to me.?
A.like her B.like hers C.similar to her D.similar to herself ?
47. The opening ceremony is a great occasion. It is essential ____for that.?
A.for us to be prepared B.that we are prepared?
C.of us to be prepared D.our being prepared ?
48. Time ____, the celebration will be held as scheduled.?
A.permit B.permitting C.permitted D.permits ?
49. ____ I like economics, I like sociology much better.?
A.As mush as B.So much C.How much D.Much as ?
50. It is futile to discuss the matter further, because ____going to agree upon anyghing today.?
A.neither you nor I are B.neither you nor me is?
C.neither you nor I am D.neither me nor you are ?
51. They overcame all the difficulties and completed the project two months ahead of time, ____ is something we had not expected.?
A.which B.it C.that D.what ?
52. He is quite worn out from years of hard work. He is not the man ____ he was twenty years ago.?
A.which B.that C.who D.whom ?
53. She would have been more agreeable if she had changed a little bit, ____??
A.hadn’t she B.hasn’t she C.wouldn’t she D.didn’t she ?
54. At three thousand feet, wide plains begin to appear, and there is never a moment when some distant mountain is not ____.?
A.on view B.at a glance C.on the scene D.in sight ?
55. The first two stages in the development of civilized man were probably the invention of weapons and the discovery of fire, although nobody knows exactly when he acquired the use of the ____.?
A.latter B.latest C.later D.last ?
56. It will take us twenty minutes to get to the railway station, ____traffic delays.
A.acnowledging B.affording C.allowing for D.accounting for ?
57. He will have to____ his indecent behaviour one day.?
A.answer to B.answer for C.answer back D.answer about ?
58. With ____ exceptions, the former president does not appear in public now.?
A.rare B.unusual C.extraordinary D.unique ?
59. We have been hearing ____accounts of your work.?
A.favoured B.favourable C.favourite D.favouring ?
60. During the summer holiday season there are no ____ rooms in this seaside hotel.?
A.empty B.blank C.deserted D.vacant ?
61. Drive straight ahead, and then you will see a ____ to the Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway.?
A.sign B.mark C.signal D.board ?
62. Whenever possible, Ian ____ how well he speaks Japanese.?
A.shows up B.shows around C.shows off D.shows out ?
63. The tenant left nothing behind except some ____ of paper, cloth, etc.?
A.sheets B.scraps C.papes D.slices ?
64. Shares on the stock market have ____ as a result of a worldwide economic downturn.?
A.turned B.changed C.floated D.fluctuated ?
65. I think you can take a(n) ____ language course to improve your English.?
A.intermediate B.middle C.medium D.mid ??
共3页: 上一页 1   下一页